Actually.... rat DOES have an older brother (alas, married) and when they were young they both had beautiful red hair. They now take after the rest of men in the family and are bald/balding/thinning. rat's beard still has quite a bit of deep red in it but his hair is mostly white with light red highlights. I still 'see' it as red in my mind. Every once in a while I get a reality check and realise my squeaker is getting white and it makes me a bit sad because his red hair was so pretty.
I call rat's bro the poet because he writes a lot as an outlet to express himself. He is actually pretty darned good and I wish I could convince him to get a blog and e-publish. I know he has been published in a magazine at least once. I'd like to see his work out there more, either blogged or on a website.
rat says his brother is the more spiritual one, the one with the animal magnetism. I never saw it even when we were kids. I always preferred the company of the youngest and gangly brother for some reason. FYI: We've known each other since I was about 8 and he was about 11.
School
Well, today the students make their midterm presentations to the class. Wonder how many will be finished. I have already given extensions to three students who have work commitments which keep them busy. You are welcome to see some of the stuff they have been doing. Remember, these are new-to-the-software students and a lot of their work is not polished.
Still will have to do six extra hours next week and grade a bunch more but then I will be pretty much done. I posted the html quiz last night and it will not be due until next Friday night at 11pm. I suspect, since I will be available in the lab, the students will still be coming to me for help.
Art
Got a nice quick note from *a-san at the Hentai Institute last night, commenting on my comment about the Gohan/Vejiita pic which used to be part of the splash page of the site. She says she will eventually put another section in for prior splash images. I REALLY liked that particular image because it was so funny.
Word Smith
Believe it or not I have a short one-shot story idea percolating in my head. Still working on some details but already have a punch line. Yeah, it is a bit of silliness again. I might even pull it off in the next year or two....
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*